Thursday, September 22, 2011

Welcome, Ali

No, my name isn't Ali.  I'm also not the author of this blog.  My name is actually Emily and I've come from my own blog a few miles away to bring a plate of brownies and a toaster to welcome Ali into her new blog.

Okay, the truth is: Ali has finally decided to become a blogger.  Since I've already been blogging for a while, Ali asked me to help her set one up, which is how "Big Hair Ali" has come about.  Ali and I are sisters and best friends and I am very excited to give her a little push into the blogging world.

Why am I writing the first post on this blog?  Because I know how hard it is to think of the ominous "First Post."  When I first got my blog, I remember seeing it in all of its clean emptiness and I didn't want to write anything, just in case I would mess up the beauty with my tangled words.  I figure Ali would think the same thing.  So no worries, Ali.  I'm messing it up for you.  Now your writer's block will go away, you don't have to worry about the big "First Post," and you can write whatever you feel like writing... (Of course, you can always delete this post if you like and put yourself through the "First Post" trauma.)

For now, as an introduction into Big Hair Ali, I thought I would share ten facts about Ali from the perspective of her sister.  Also, perhaps these ten facts will help to give her some ideas to write about later on:

1.) Ali's favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11.
2.) She falls asleep all the time.  (In the mall, in the shower, on the stairs, in the middle of conversation...)
3.) She plans to save her first kiss until marriage.
4.) She attends a Christian university.
5.) She eats salads most of the time.
6.) Once I dressed Ali up in a Muslim hijaab and we visited the mall and a couple of different bookstores as a social experiment.
7.) She loves worship music, especially Shane and Shane.
8.) She is used to being part of a blog since I tend to write about her alllllll the time.
9.) Ali may be my sister, but she is in fact a Mexican.
10.) Ali's love language is physical touch.

Anyway, now that I've written this long post, Ali's writer's block should be gone and she should be ready to enter the world of blogging and happiness. ;)  I love you, Ali.  Enjoy.

(Oh, and by the way: follow this blog.  It's going to be great.)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you my dear Em, super sweet of you to do for me :) It brought a smile to my face. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite too (which Emily should know by now).

    Actually numbers 1-3 apply to me. I'll doze off pretty much anywhere (I spent hours sleeping on the floor of my local community college... maybe this is why I can't sleep at night sometimes).

    4 applied to me for a year, and I should do 5 more often.

    ReplyDelete