Saturday, September 21, 2013

HE IS OH SO SWEET

        Hi Friends, well it has most definitely been a while. Honestly,  I am a completely different person from the girl who wrote the last post on here a while ago. The Lord has been oh so sweet to me. Really He has ALWAYS been sweet but everyday I am learning to look for Him more and in different ways. I would love to share everything He has done in the last year but it is just too much. (I should have kept up with blogging then I would not have this problem now.)
       Where do I even start? This last year He has shown me how much I need Him and how weak I am. I was like Israel in the Old Testament. I would seek Him desperately for a while, then I would get distracted and not seek Him like He wanted me too. I would then need Him and again place my eyes on Him and then something would come along and distract me again and I would place Him close to me but not as close as He needed to be. Over and over again. Why? How? I don't even know! How can I place The Love of My Life on the sidelines of my life? However, He is faithful.  He finally really caught my attention. Hosea 2 is what He did to me. He exposed my lewdness before my lovers and took all my celebrations away. He is a jealous God. He was not going to let other lovers take me from His hands. (THANK YOU DADDY!) I went after lovers and I forgot about my First Love. After He caught my attention, He allured me and lead me to the desert and spoke tenderly to me.  He literally did that. This summer I went to Israel. It was wonderful to see places that are important in the Bible but that is not why He took me there. He took me out of the States and took me to the desert where I did not have distractions. There He spoke SO TENDERLY TO ME.
       He reminded me of how much He loves me. He reminded me of the life I am given because of His sacrifice on the cross. He also pointed out things in my life and attitudes that needed to change. I came home, rejuvenated. But He was not done. He kept pointing things out through the summer and even now as we enter into the fall. This is a season of my life I clearly feel Him shaping me and molding me. I am so humbled. It is hard to accept where I am failing but it is even harder to take actions to change it. However, I know I can do ALL things through Him who gives me strength.
      I decided to write this post not so much to let you know where I am but so that I can be an encouragement to anyone who needs it. I constantly miss the mark. I am loved a lot more than I could ever love. The Lord is so very faithful. I am not sure why He chooses to walk next to me even when I don't even notice Him, but He does. He constantly shows me what perfect love is.  TODAY, THE LORD IS LONGING FOR YOU, NOT BECAUSE HE NEEDS YOU BUT BECAUSE YOU NEED HIM. My prayer for anyone that reads this is that you will look into His beautiful eyes (face) and that the things of this earth grow strangely dim in the light of HIS GLORY AND GRACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment