Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Baby Mine


I am 21. I am a senior in college who plans to go to school for a LONG time. I do not have time to think about babies. I REFUSE to have a “biological timer.” Actually, I am TOO young to have one! AND I have not even gotten to the first step, which is finding a husband . Actually, I am about 20 steps from even being at the FIRST step (maybe the first step would be dating... maybe. ) SO... I AM NOT longing for a baby. However, I have this strong desire to adopt. I have never really thought about having a child of my own. I have thought about adoption for so long that I have already narrowed it down to the age I would like to adopt. Older than 6 would be great. There would be perks to that. I would not have to change diapers. :) I would also not have to go through the terrible two's. Honestly, the idea of not holding an infant and calling it my own has never been too devastating for me. One day I will still be able to love a little one that longed to be loved through adoption. what I am trying to get across is that I have never really longed for a baby, an infant. BUT..... today I heard a lullaby and I just can't stop thinking about it!
This lullaby is actually the one played on Dumbo, the Disney movie. I have heard it many times and have always liked it. I actually cry every time I watch the scene in Dumbo. (I know, I am embarrassed I cry while watching cartoons, but I do!) However I had never really stopped to think about the lyrics. Please listen to it online. Below are the lyrics:

Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine.

Little one when you play
Don't you mind what they say
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear, baby of mine.

If they knew sweet little you
They'd end up loving you too
All those same people who scold you
What they'd give for
The right to hold you.

From your head to your toes
Your not much, goodness knows
But your so precious to me
Cute as can be, baby of mine.


Maybe I am just a bit on the emotional side today, I am not sure, but I am so touched by these sweet, sweet lyrics. They make me question my thoughts on having babies.
Some other thoughts I have about the lullaby: I know this might sound silly to some but I feel especially loved by the Lord through this song. Not only is He my Protector, Master, and Husband but He is also my Daddy. He holds me close to His heart. I am His and He calls me His precious. (Deuteronomy 14:2)
Earlier this week, I was doing my own little thing and I felt the Lord whisper to me, “You do not know the measures of my love.” I stopped in my tracks. (Honestly, almost offended.) I was thinking, “Well, I know Lord but I am trying!” I kept thinking about it the rest of the day and even now I am not too sure why He would tell me that. But I accept the truth in more humbleness now. Goodness, I am so very far from truly understand the Lord's love for humanity. How can He, love me! Sometimes I can hardly even love myself! So much grace!! SO MUCH GRACE! Really this whole post is just to pose a question for you?

'”DO YOU KNOW THE MEASURES OF THE LOVE OF GOD?”

I believe we will NEVER truly be able to understand how deep His love is for us. But I just want to encourage at least one person to stop life and grasp His love. Think of True Love, He deserves it and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment